Ir al contenido principal

An overwhelming sense of gratitude...

From my view out of the chapel window at the novitiate house, depending on the time of the year, I can watch the beauty of the sun rising in the morning and the different colors of the sun reflecting off the clouds in the evening as it sets. One recent evening as I was admiring the pinks, purples, and oranges in the clouds as the sun set, I began thinking in amazement of all of God’s creations throughout the world including in each one of us. In that moment felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude thinking of all the gifts I have received and all the different ways He is constantly walking with me.

This gratitude is a gift I have been living more profoundly since experiencing the thirty-day Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, in the beauty of the mountains and valley of Loyola, Spain in February and March of this year. It was a time where I became more consciously aware of the unconditional and overflowing love and mercy God has for me and His invitation to me to live from His love.

I imagine it as a painting, the painting of my life, one that I have been slowly adding strokes to over time. Over the past twelve years as I had been discerning a call to religious life on and off, I had slowly been adding different strokes, different colors, sometimes with more intention, sometimes subconsciously, yet I never had a sense of what that picture was supposed to be. The desire to join the Religious of Jesus and Mary eventually became obvious to me. I felt a deep sense of feeling family, a feeling of this is where I am supposed to be, and this propelled me to take the step to begin my formation journey, but why?

Over the course of the exercises, I felt like the blind person in the bible to whom Jesus took his own spit and kept slowly and gently wiping my eyes, each day, each moment, allowing me to see more and more clearly Him in my life, to see him as the focus of my painting. Through His love and forgiveness for me, I felt him pour into me the desire to open the space in me to allow him to be the center, the desire to walk humbly and poorly with Him and Him in.

With my eyes open to this new sight, this new way of looking at the world through and with God, feeling the pain and suffering in the world, in me, in my family and friends is still very present and maybe felt even more deeply, but what fills me, is his love in everything, his desire for us to live as Jesus lived, in kindness and compassion. Calling me to live beyond my human logic, instead in His logic of free and overflowing love and forgiveness from the cross. From this love felt by Christ the desire to, in everything, love and serve him.


And in this desire to love and serve him, to live out this call from God, was through and with the congregation, in a way that it seems I have always belonged, it was always here that I was meant to be.

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,

my memory, my understanding,

and my entire will,

All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me.

To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will.

Give me only your love and your grace,

that is enough for me.

Saint Ignatius Loyola


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

NO QUERIENDO VIVIR SINO PARA TI

 Hace ya casi dos semanas, se me regaló poder hacer la profesión temporal en Jesús-María, y tengo que reconocer que me cuesta poner nombre a tantos sentimientos como en mí brotan; eso sí, los que priman son un profundo agradecimiento y una alegría honda, desde los que todos los demás van cobrando sentido.  En estos días, hacía memoria de mi llegada al noviciado y entre alguna que otra lágrima, no podía evitar sonreír en ese cruce de miradas y decirle “si es que Tú lo sabes todo… Una vez más, me has sorprendido”. Llegué al “noviciado” con una gran determinación regalada, de saberme y sentirme muy sostenida por Él y con una fuerte invitación a dejarme en sus manos. A pesar de ello, tenía miedo, ciertas reticencias y muchos prejuicios (me rondaba la idea de que iba a ser como vivir en una “burbuja” aislada del mundo… ¡qué equivocada estaba!). Este tiempo de noviciado ha sido un tiempo privilegiado de ir enraizando la vida en Él, de experimentar su amor incondicional por mí con todo lo

CONECTANDO... LA NAVIDAD CON LO COTIDIANO

Disfrutar en buena compañía porque te sientes en casa aunque sea la primera vez que estás. Descansar, parar, disfrutar de la naturaleza, del calor de la chimenea... todo cuidado y a nuestro favor para poder hacer silencio y estar atentas, esta vez con una invitación a pararnos para descubrir los ecos que la Navidad nos ha dejado para vivirlos en la vida cotidiana.  ¿Navidad? Precisamente porque parece que la Navidad pasó hace mucho, se nos queda lejos y ya estamos metidas en mil cosas. Hemos vivido las fiestas llenas de celebraciones, cenas y mucha vida social que son un regalo pero que a veces hacen que otras nos pasen más desapercibidas .   Estos días han sido una oportunidad para pararnos y volver la mirada a los regalos que nos hace todo un Dios encarnado en un niño pequeño. Y no son grandes cosas como a veces nos empeñamos en buscar. Regalos en lo sencillo, en lo cotidiano que le hablan a nuestra realidad tal como estamos y somos. Esas pequeñas cosas de nuestro día a día, algo apa

¡Qué bueno estar juntas!

Es lo primero que me viene al pensar en el fin de semana de encuentro de formación que tuvimos hace unos días en Los Molinos. Éramos 10 (para 9 ó 10 habitaciones, según se mire). Cada una de las personas que estaba me parece un regalo. Me quedo con la alegría compartida desde la llegada y con la ilusión por compartir... entre nosotras, con otros y con Él. También me quedo con algunos paseos o conversaciones "one to one" y con ese escuchar desde el corazón, al juntarnos todas, lo que Dios va tocando en y a través de cada una.  Agradecer a veces por poner palabras o abrir cosas nuevas. Y queriendo vivir desde la lógica del que ama sin límites, acoge sin límites, perdona sin límites y levanta sin límites.  Hablamos del perdón y la resiliencia, desde el carisma de Jesús-María, llevado a la vida. Se ha caído la palmera, señores? O no… Hoy me ha alegrado muchísimo ver cómo un niño de 4 años al que nunca había visto reírse y diría que ni hablar, estaba feliz, riendo y corriendo de a